What is this blog?

In 2008 I stumbled upon a blog organized by a woman who wanted to read The Bible each day through the year and then comment and receive comments about the reading assignment. I decided to join and I really enjoyed the experience of discussing the passages. I wanted to continue that. I thought I would start a blog that follows the LDS Sunday School lessons, not in any way replacing them, but just to offer a venue to comment on the readings for those who don't like to/get to comment in class or don't get to go to class at all, or just anybody. 2009 was my first full year with this blog, reading the Doctrine and Covenants (all archived in 2009). 2010 I did my best to discuss the Old Testament but fell off in the fall. 2011 is a review of The New Testament, but I was even less successful in continuing with that year, but I hope to fill those in during the year! During 2012 we discuss The Book of Mormon. I will post at least once for the week's readings. I will not post on General Conference weeks and will probably be behind your current reading due to our church schedule, but hope you can still find relevancy. Also, I probably won't proofread much, so please forgive me for errors, I'll be lucky to just get a post each week in. Feel free to comment on my current week or your class' current week. Enjoy! I do!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Jan 4th - 10th readings

Explanation of this blog: Another iron in the fire

After attending Sunday School today, I realized a few things: first, that the lessons for the DC are thematic, that is we're not reading the DC straight through, and second, you will need to be patient with me as I try to make this blog and the information easily accessible. If you have any suggestions at all, I am very open to them. Regarding the thematic teaching style, since the suggested readings are broken up and sometimes not in complete sections, I will try to read ahead and figure out if reading the whole section will give better understanding (as in Monday's reading).

Also, I just wanted to make sure that it is known this blog is in no way a replacement for Sunday School, just a venue for discussion.

Here are the readings for this week:
Mon, Jan 5th: Section 19 The suggested reading are verses 1-3, 16-20. But I suggest reading the whole section. Keep in mind while you read this section that it is a revelation for Martin Harris 2 years after the lost manuscript incident. He wanted to know what his standing was with God and section 19 is his answer. I suggest reading it as if you were Martin Harris. I believe it is highly applicable, as there are few of us who have not had the need for repentance and maybe put it off a while.

Tues, Jan 6th: Read D&C 88:14–18; 93:33; Alma 11:42–44.

Wed, Jan 7th: Read D&C 18:11–12; 19:16–17, 20; 58:42; 76:62–70.

Thurs, Jan 8th: Scripture chain about the roles and attributes of the Savior: D&C 6:20–21 D&C 45:3–5 D&C 6:32–37 D&C 50:44 D&C 19:1–3
D&C 93:5–19 D&C 29:1–2 D&C 133:42–52 D&C 38:1–3

No comments:

Post a Comment