What is this blog?

In 2008 I stumbled upon a blog organized by a woman who wanted to read The Bible each day through the year and then comment and receive comments about the reading assignment. I decided to join and I really enjoyed the experience of discussing the passages. I wanted to continue that. I thought I would start a blog that follows the LDS Sunday School lessons, not in any way replacing them, but just to offer a venue to comment on the readings for those who don't like to/get to comment in class or don't get to go to class at all, or just anybody. 2009 was my first full year with this blog, reading the Doctrine and Covenants (all archived in 2009). 2010 I did my best to discuss the Old Testament but fell off in the fall. 2011 is a review of The New Testament, but I was even less successful in continuing with that year, but I hope to fill those in during the year! During 2012 we discuss The Book of Mormon. I will post at least once for the week's readings. I will not post on General Conference weeks and will probably be behind your current reading due to our church schedule, but hope you can still find relevancy. Also, I probably won't proofread much, so please forgive me for errors, I'll be lucky to just get a post each week in. Feel free to comment on my current week or your class' current week. Enjoy! I do!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Answers Wed, Jan 28th

Wed, Jan 28th: DC 9

In this section Oliver Cowdery receives his answer as to further translation work. This is the greatest answer ever because it is so real. It's not the fairy tale ending to revelation. It's. . . you asked, I gave a little, you didn't do quite what you needed to do, I took it away so you can figure out what to do, then if you wait and work you can have it back. It's what we seem to live every day.

So, here are things that Oliver is told to do, in answer to his question.
Answer: you will be able to translate other records IF: You are patient. Follow the timeline of the Lord. Don't covet someone else's work or calling/you have a certain calling. Do not murmur, the Lord knows what is best for you. Study, ask and wait for an indentifiable answer. Do not fear. don't yield to temptation. Stand fast in the work you are called to do.

Here's one of the great truths about the Lord: "Behold, you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me." You can't just ask God for something and expect that it will appear like magic. You just won't learn the value of what you are trying to ask for or the process of asking. You won't learn anything about yourself and you wouldn't want to work for anything in your life because if it's as easy as asking and receiving all the time, what's the point in working for anything? Sometimes the answers come quickly. Sometimes answers come over years. Sometimes they do not come at all because your not intended to know the answer. The trick is to figure out your peaceful place in existance with any of these possibilities and still come out believing that what you have is what God intends, therefore you can be happy. Clear as mud? Great truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment