What is this blog?

In 2008 I stumbled upon a blog organized by a woman who wanted to read The Bible each day through the year and then comment and receive comments about the reading assignment. I decided to join and I really enjoyed the experience of discussing the passages. I wanted to continue that. I thought I would start a blog that follows the LDS Sunday School lessons, not in any way replacing them, but just to offer a venue to comment on the readings for those who don't like to/get to comment in class or don't get to go to class at all, or just anybody. 2009 was my first full year with this blog, reading the Doctrine and Covenants (all archived in 2009). 2010 I did my best to discuss the Old Testament but fell off in the fall. 2011 is a review of The New Testament, but I was even less successful in continuing with that year, but I hope to fill those in during the year! During 2012 we discuss The Book of Mormon. I will post at least once for the week's readings. I will not post on General Conference weeks and will probably be behind your current reading due to our church schedule, but hope you can still find relevancy. Also, I probably won't proofread much, so please forgive me for errors, I'll be lucky to just get a post each week in. Feel free to comment on my current week or your class' current week. Enjoy! I do!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reading Mar 1-5

I'm late! Sorry!
"Birthright Blessings; Marriage in the Covenant"

Tues, March 2: Genesis 24
Wed, March 3: Genesis 25 - 26
Thurs, March 4: Genesis 27
Fri, March 5: Genesis 28 - 29

2 comments:

  1. I think I told you Riley and I got pegged to be in a "Strengthening Marriage" class a couple of months ago instead of going to Sunday School. It has, at the least, given us comic relief. But we actually have talked about issues we might work on. So it hasn't been a complete waste of time. Since your post this week is about the marriage covenant, I have a thought to share. In the past month we've been to a wedding in the Timpanogos temple and an LDS wedding in a chapel. Both ceremonies used the words "covenants" but the chapel ceremony pronounced them married for the duration of their earthly life (or words to that effect). I'm happy for both couples and hopefully the second couple will eventually end up in the temple where they can then remain together for the eternities. I'm glad I have both ceremonies to reflect on. And I'm even more glad I did it the temple way - I get to have Riley forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forever is definitely better!

    ReplyDelete