What is this blog?

In 2008 I stumbled upon a blog organized by a woman who wanted to read The Bible each day through the year and then comment and receive comments about the reading assignment. I decided to join and I really enjoyed the experience of discussing the passages. I wanted to continue that. I thought I would start a blog that follows the LDS Sunday School lessons, not in any way replacing them, but just to offer a venue to comment on the readings for those who don't like to/get to comment in class or don't get to go to class at all, or just anybody. 2009 was my first full year with this blog, reading the Doctrine and Covenants (all archived in 2009). 2010 I did my best to discuss the Old Testament but fell off in the fall. 2011 is a review of The New Testament, but I was even less successful in continuing with that year, but I hope to fill those in during the year! During 2012 we discuss The Book of Mormon. I will post at least once for the week's readings. I will not post on General Conference weeks and will probably be behind your current reading due to our church schedule, but hope you can still find relevancy. Also, I probably won't proofread much, so please forgive me for errors, I'll be lucky to just get a post each week in. Feel free to comment on my current week or your class' current week. Enjoy! I do!

Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Old Testament of what?

I have two goals this year concerning this blog and reading the Old Testament. Ok, three goals:

1. Read the Old Testament
2. Try not to diminish in the number of blog posts throughout the year, like I did last year.
3. Figure out why each reading is a testament of Jesus Christ. I'm hoping that with this perspective and focus I will understand the needful things of the Bible. That's not to say the whole book is not needful, but I just need a focus and I figure Jehovah is a pretty good focus and will hopefully will help prove The Old Testament less intimidating.

I just want to make it clear again that what I write is only my thoughts and opinions. I am not trying to be a teacher. I just want to provide some sort of forum to post thoughts about the readings because I learn from reproducing what I read and I learn from the input of others. Just as I mentioned in my subtitle line, this whole blog is more to provide me with incentive and organization. That's right, I need something to push me to read the scriptures. Maybe you do too? Join me and invite anyone else you think would be interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment